The First Draft - Part 1 - First Half of 2021

And wrote page 162! It looks like Chapter 16 is the only chapter I've been working on this year so far. It's mean to be a long story, but there were a lot of long breaks that I took this year from writing anything, but that did give mea lot of time to think about other things.

I feel like, despite having (so far) only written a few pages under 20 this year, they are still going to end up being really good pages. Turning things out quickly is an ideal way to do things, at least on the surface level, but I believe it's just as important to wait for good ideas, so you can really spill out your heart and ideas in the most clear and concise way possible.

Of course, there's still a good amount of time for me to write a lot more this year, but in 2019 and 2020 I wrote around 70 pages each, and for 2021, it's looking like it'll be closer to 40 or even 30. I'm not particularly ashamed of that idea, because, again, I think it'll end up being worth it in the long run. 

With that said, there's 29 pages to complete before I have to move onto another notebook. If I can really crunch it and come up with good content while keeping inspired and motivated to, I think it would be realistic to do it within what's left of this year. 

Anyway, I'll try to post something like this every half year, give or take a few days. I can't help but imagine some details will be a mentioned again and again; it's very likely, but I hope it's not a big deal now that everyone can easily read it all in one place without sifting through tons of Facebook posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Soft Start to Draft 2 - Part 2

Tree of Vines - What It Would Sound Like